Friday, February 20, 2009

Chapter 11: Some Spells

About half of the Wiccans I know write their own spells, and the others get them from other Wiccans (sometimes in books or on-line). Which ever way you want to do it is fine. Sometimes beginners find it easier to start with pre-written spells though. Here are some of my easier spells to give you a start. Though it is not written in, cast a circle and call the quarters for each of these spells. Also it is good to end all spells by saying “So mote it be and blessed be, with harm to none.”


Protection (Tuesday is a good day for this one)
- You need a necklace and a candle for this one.
Carve a sacred spiral backwards to banish bad energy and light your candle. Ring a bell and say “I invoke you lord to protect me, your companion. I invoke you lady to protect me, your child. May this necklace be empowered with your protecting and your blessings.” Then hold the necklace over the flame and let the light touch it all over. Lay the necklace on the altar if it can get sunlight and moonlight there. If not put it in the window sill. Leave it there for twenty for hours so it can soak up the power of the lord through the sun and the lady through the moon. Then when you wear it you will carry their protection with you.

Money (Thursday is a good day for this one)
- You need a box, a green, gold or silver cord (or all three) and some money.
Invoke the lord and say, “This box is to hold and protect my money, may it always be full.” Then take the cord and start tying strong knots, saying “When I tie one my work will be done, when I tie two I am blessed by you, when I tie three money comes to me. I tie a knot for luck. I tie a knot for wealth. I tie a knot for my future, my family and my health.” You should have six knots. Repeat this as many times as you can/want to, repeating the same words. When you are done put the string and the money in your box and put the box on your altar. Every time money comes your way add a bit to the box. When it is full take some out. That way you are always filling it.

Love (Friday is a good day for this one)
-You need a red apple, a athame (or knife) and a candle for this one.
Go to your altar and light a white candle (pink and/or red can be sued as well). Rind a bell and invoke Venus, which is sometimes easier if you have a picture of her. Ask Venus to bring you love, and in your mind picture what kind of person you want to attract. Now take the apple and cut it in half, saying “As I cut this apple with my knife, bring a love into my life.” Eat the apple when you are done.

Family and Friend Relationships (Monday is a good day for this one)
- You need a candle, cooking skills, a kitchen and sweet basil.
If you are having problems with family and friends, or if you just want to maintain your relationships with them do this spell. Invite them over for lunch or dinner and serve them this – a classic kitchen witch thing to do. First light a candle and put it in the window or somewhere near the kitchen. You need to know how to cook something warm with basil – I can be a stir fry, pasta, soup, meat, or anything you can think of. Hold the basil before you add it and say this: “Given life from below and life from above, may you fill our hearts with love. Let us be as sweet as you, and give each other comfort anew.” Add it in, cook and serve.

Health (Sunday is a good day for this one)
- You need a bit of sunlight for this one.
This should be done in the day time, preferably outside. Invoke the lord and say “I ask for you to fill me with your light, to keep me warm through the cold of night. I ask to be blessed through the life giving sun, and be completely well when I am done.” You should then meditate in the sunlight for half an hour, letting as much of your skin feel the sunlight as possible. Thank the Lord when you are done.

No comments: